Boy...I'm exhausted!

It's easy to get into a rut when you are home between jobs.

You get up, do a couple of things around the house, grab some lunch, watch some tv, and the next thing you know, it's time for the wife to come home for dinner.

Not Today!

Today, I actually got out of the house.

A haircut and dye job. Yes, I dye my hair. My wife doesn't like gray hair, so I figured that's the least I could do to keep her happy.

Then, a visit to a cardiologist at Loyola Hospital for a second opinion on my heart woes. The good Dr. Moran agreed with my doctor, Dr. Clark from Edward Hospital and suggested I get my heart shocked as soon as I can so that I can return to normal. Little does he know, I have NEVER been normal.

Finally, a stop at my financial advisor. After sixteen plus years at the SCORE, my CBS 401k can now be moved to something that could possibly allow me some money in my old age. Several options to consider. I'm no financial wizard, so the decision won't be an easy one.

I was on my way home and my hard working wife asked if I could pick up dinner and bring it to her school, (she's in Guidance at a local HS). Being the good husband I am...or at least try to be, I obliged. I also helped with some paper work that she needed copied so she could work on other things so that she could be home before 9:00. We just made it.

Caught the Bulls 4th quarter as they beat LeBron and the Cavs. It is just fun to watch Derrick Rose. He is such a talent.

I, along with my high school buddies, had the chance to watch him for two years dominate in the State tournament in Peoria. What he is doing is no surprise to us. Now if Paxson can just get him some players to play with. Tyrus Thomas shows you flashes of good play, but he doesn't seem to be able to keep it going.

Friday, I think my alma mater, Morton is playing hoops at Hinsdale South. If so, I'll be there cheering them on. They are one of the top teams in the area...and that's a shocker for anyone that went to Morton back in the 70's.

Comments