What's Going On!

I sat down at my computer at 12:30am Saturday, just to look at some e-mails and my Facebook account, when I was shocked to see that ESPN had gotten rid of their ONE star...Dan McNeil.

I had hoped to see McNeil at the station next week when I plan on being in the area, but now I guess I could see him anytime...anytime two out of work guys want to get together that is.

Danny Mac was the MAN at ESPN. The economy being the way it is, I guess it was ESPN's time to cut costs, and Danny was the victim.

It should be some interesting listening the next couple of weeks as to which direction that show goes, and how the Boers and Bernstein show on the Score may benefit from McNeil's absence. Fred, Jurko and Harry...Hmm, sounds inviting! It would even be my initials...FJH!

Friday night, I visited Hinsdale South to watch my alma mater, Morton take on the Hornets.

6'5 senior forward, Raul Guzman put on quite a display in the first half, hitting his first six attempts from three point range. Guzman went 7 for 9 from the arc for the game, finishing, unofficially, with 33 points as the Mustangs won easily.

Luke Scarlatta wasn't a big part of the Mustangs offense in the game, but he did add a monster rebound slam dunk in the third quarter and another slam on a three on one break in the fourth.

Keep an eye on these guys as the tournament gets going in late February and March.

Comments