The Most Important Thing!

As I sit down to talk about all the exciting things happening in sports, not only locally, but around the world, I find out that Daryl Hawks from NBC 5 has been found dead in his hotel room in Atlanta.

Hawks was 38, in Atlanta to cover tonight's Game 6 of the playoff series between the Bulls and Hawks.

Just yesterday, before my show on ESPN 1000, we discussed the passing of Robert "Tractor" Traylor in Puerto Rico, at the age of 34. I said, at this point, nothing shocks me anymore, and that remains the case today.

Maybe it's me getting older, ready to celebrate another birthday this weekend, that has me never surprised at what terrible things can happen in this world, to people we love, are acquainted with, or just have heard of a little.

Despite what some people say, I am not heartless! I feel horrible for everyone who knew, was associated with, worked with, or just enjoyed Daryl Hawks on television, especially his family. Thirty eight is just the beginning of this thing we call "Life".

It is times like these that make you realize that despite the problems we all have, be it employment, money, (or lack there of), repairs around the house, strained relationships with friends and/or family, we should all try to find a way to learn to love and appreciate those closest to us.

Friends and family are much more than a commercial slogan. They are everything! Anytime you have the chance, let your buddies, or siblings, or parents, know how much they mean to you.

The old phrase, "you don't know what you've got til it's gone", rings truer everyday we walk this Earth!

Sport talk can wait for at least one more day...at least here it can.

Comments