Brews & Balls! What Else is There?

Beer and Sports!  It goes together like peanut butter and jelly, Starsky & Hutch, Laurel & Hardy, Batman and Robin...just to name a few pairings.

Over the last several years, I have been exposed to so many different varieties of craft beer brewed in the Chicagoland area, and it has now become, according to my wife, Pat, an obsession!  She is always saying,"Can't you talk about anything besides craft beer?"  After I pause for a few moments, sports come to mind, but I know that is not the answer she was looking for.

She was hoping I wanted to talk finances or home repair.  Shopping or...more shopping.  Nope!  My expertise don't run very deep.  If it's not beer, or sports, it's likely classic rock from the 70's and early 80's.  I DID get a chance to see guitar genius, Jeff Beck for the first time last week at the Chicago Theater.  First time I have ssen him.  Purchased his Blow by Blow album back when it came out in the 70's and have been a huge fan ever since.

Due to the fact that I have grown increasingly "obsessed" with craft beer, and I have NO desire to brew my own, I figured talking and writing about the people, the brewers, the representatives of the local breweries, was a fun thing for me to do, and maybe something I could pass on to others.

Other people like beer! I attended the Sunday Funday event at the Goose Island Barrel Warehouse last week and just a few days ago, had 21 different samples of craft beer at the closing event for Chicago Craft Beer Week 2015 at Welles Park in the city.  I did think I only had 19 different beers, until I began going over the list and remembered several more!

I thought, along with reading about my experiences, maybe people would like to listen to me talk about beer and sports, so I started Brews and Balls!  It's a podcast, that right now, can be found on Soundcloud.com.

Give it a listen.  More to come both there, and here on Blogspot!

Thanks!

Comments