NO MORE CHEMO! I'm One of the Lucky Ones!

Monday was a busy day.

It started with my wife, Pat & I heading to the Amita Health Cancer Institute for my final chemo session.  My last pet/scan was negative meaning there was no sign of the lymphoma that was found in my spleen, which since has been removed. The doctors, nurses, (especially my craft beer drinking budy, Janet) and all of the staff were great dealing with the treatments.

Unlike most who undergo chemo treatments, I amazingly had no side effects of any kind from the treatments.  No tiredness, no sickness, no neuropathy. I was definitely fortunate.  Now it's visiting My doctor, Dr. Sweet, once every two months for the first year, every three months the second year and so on. I was told if the cancer came back, it usually returns in the first two years.

Once I got home, after 8 1/2 hours at the facility, I grabbed some dinner and headed to my "MAN CAVE". The White Sox were already playing, and losing to the Yankees, 5-0.  The Cubs were just getting underway, and the Blackhawks were preparing for their third game of the Stanley Cup playoffs with the Predators, this time in Nashville.

None of them won! Hawks finally scored their first goals of the series, but gave up a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 in overtime and fall behind 3-0 in the series.  Brewers surprisingly handed the Cubs their fourth straight loss and the White Sox got some hitting from Yolmer Sanchez, including a 3 run homer, but lost to the Yankees,

Tonight, it's the Bulls in Game 2 of their playoff series with the Celtics in Boston.  Throughout the season, the two split their four game series and I never saw anything from the Celtics that showed they were unbeatable.  Isaiah Thomas is a great player, but jumps into defenders and forces the refs to call fouls far too much for my liking.  I realize it was a rough game for Thomas after the death of his sister,, just the day before, as the result of a one car accident.  I don't expect the Bulls to win tonight, But if Mirotic can hit a few threes and Portis plays as well as he did in the opener, who knows.

Cubs are bound to snap their losing streak and who knows with the White Sox.  Sox GM Rick Hahn was on with Kap & Co on ESPN1000 this morning.  If you are a South Side fan and missed it, catch the podcast on the ESPN app.

Just one month from Chicago Craft Beer Week, (CCBW).  It begins, as always, with Beer Under Glass, May 18th at the Garfield Park Conservatory. It's one of several must get to fests in Chicago along with the Festival of Barrel Aged Beers in November.  For more on all the Chicago Craft beer events and breweries, go to the Illinois Craft Brewers Guild, illinoisbeer.com or chibeerweek.com.

I hope to get out to the Soldier Field Beer Fest May 6th.  was there last year and it's a great way to get the summer started.

For all my soccer fan friends, big one today with Bayern Munich with some work to do against Real Madrid.  The Chicago Fire, after a 2-0-1 homestand, head to Toronto for a Friday night match with Toronto FC.  Game will be on CSN+2, which is 665-2 on DirecTV, 9576/41241 on DISH, along with being on COZI TV.  Bastian Schweinsteiger, Dax McCarty, Nemanja Nikolic and Luis Solignac are all playing really well together and are only hoping to get better.

Comments